Payday 2

Discussion in 'Steam Games' started by Woozie, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

There's apparently coming an Infamy 2.1 update, but you can't really expect much out of it.
    Of what I've noticed it seems that Overkill likes to rack up tons of work load, and when it reaches it peak, they just collapse. They are a pretty small studio, yet they are working on Walking Dead, Storm (another game they haven't talked about), Crimefest, probably some more DLC's and also a fix for Xbox One's matchmaking. All that is too much to work with at the same time, and there's probably something they're working with that I've forgotten. This stupid strategy which 99% of school kids use make Overkill release half-assed content.

2. Daikenki

Daikenki My shitposts have valet parking

Alright, today's update wasn't that bad. The KSP58 and Bipod additions are a nice touch to Payday 2, and the KSP's stats aren't that bad all-in-all. It is a shame that the microtransactions have marred the current state of Payday 2 though. Oh, and I think Overkill forgot some audio files for the reload animation.

3. NombreGenerico89

NombreGenerico89 Still plays MvM

Idk, they're not very "indie" as they say. PD: TH was published by Sony Online Entertainment, Payday 2 was published by 505 Games, and they co-developed with Starbreeze, with additional help of Lion Game Lion. So not very indie if they maganed to get console releases 2 times and making deals with other companies (Chivalry,John Wick, etc). Add the fact that they got help with Valve on the Black Market update too.

Not to mention a hint for the return of First World Bank.

4. NombreGenerico89

Welcome to another report on
    [​IMG]

- Overkill silently removed the thread where Almir said "There will be NO micro-transactions in PAYDAY 2!". You can see the cache version here https://archive.is/2i6HL#selection-1151.0-1151.48
    EDIT: The thread is back up, but locked http://steamcommunity.com/app/24240/discussions/0/810924774517838925
    - Forbes covered the news about the whole shenanigans with microtransactions on PD2 http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...should-be-upset-by-absurd-micro-transactions/
    - LMG Bipods are broken as hell. You can actually send yourself outside of the map and cant be revived. Other bugs talk enemies not shooting at you.
    [​IMG]
    - Jim Sterling made a video about Payday 2. "I'm not mad, I'm just dissapointed"

- The RtC site now shows Wolf with a bindle ( http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/roadtocrimefest ). Can this be a hint to a possible Wolf removal?
    - The store page for the game now has a 80% of positive reviews and still droping. Before Crimefest it was at 94%. The Metacritic user score is at 4.7 at the time of this post http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/payday-2

More reports fresh from reddit (since Steam forums are at full damage control) whenever I can.

I'm Nombre, directly to you from
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

I thought Overkill was starting to open up for discussion, but it seems they tried to hide it more. Thanks for the info Nombre.

6. Azureus

Azureus ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Staff Member

They definitely made a step in the right direction by making the drills droppable after heists. And hey, FWB suckas!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DonaldTrump

DonaldTrump memerson meme and memer

we did it reddit

8. NombreGenerico89

Well... tried hosting a loud FWB, I crashed. Then tried joining another one's lobby, host also crashed. There are some reports about people game's crashing on random points during the heist.

9. Count Latecat

Count Latecat The finncat Staff Member

the FWB is good. it has some changes (notably, the option to go stealth I think is possible, and there's variations on things), but I too had the crash bug occur on the first run. If they can fix that, it's a great map.

10. NombreGenerico89

It's a bit bigger than the original I believe. The crashes seems to occur on going loud on that heist, since I just did it in DW stealth
    [​IMG]

The reason why I didnt get the stealth bonus was because they spotted us when carrying the last bag and we had to ECM rush it since we had no pagers left.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  11. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

There are still many things they have to clear up, for example how high the drill drop chance is. It can (for example) be 0.000000000001% but Overkill may think that's fair. There's a ton of shit on Reddit stating what they have to clear up.

Still, FWB looks nice and it's a step in the right direction, however it seems they have not tested the heist enough to fix bugs (which they never seem to do)

12. Azureus

It seems like they're releasing content in a sort of rollercoaster-like manner, with nice, juicy updates on even numbered days and minor ones on odd days. The tracks were okay and all, and I am kinda glad for the character top 4. At least I can possibly play as elderly Japanese man when someone already picked swearing British man.

13. NombreGenerico89

And when Japanese man is picked, I can be cykablyat man.

Still, that character order shouldnt be a reward but a priority update after all the new heisters added.

14. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

It's nice and all with the 4 main characters now, but it's still something they should've release in a minor patch, I don't think they should take up an entire Crimefest reward just for that.

New soundtracks are always good, but people will probably complain because it's a collaboration.

15. NombreGenerico89

Day 8 is here.

GG, the turrets will be even more of a pain in the ass (looking at you, meltdown).

Also, the rumored plasma gun and 24 free-to-keep PD2 was just masks. They could've make that statue a melee, but no, a mask.

And we have I guess the OVERSAFE now. Wonder if this will be inside the Overvault.

16. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

I saw your screenshot, and the "community event" is just a way for them to "heal" the wounds, but that's just PR bullshit. The turrets were kinda worthless before, but it seems they buffed it in a way that it's more balanced (except that it has a higher spawn rate)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Daikenki

God damn it they added the Slaughterhouse heist. I don't know how to feel about this event now.

18. Azureus

I really like the classic maps thus far, and who knows? They might add more of them in the future.

19. Count Latecat

Count Latecat The finncat Staff Member

I'm expecting them to add all the heists since there's only like 8 of them in PD:TH

20. Daikenki

They better add Panic Room and Green Bridge.