Payday 2

Discussion in 'Steam Games' started by Woozie, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

Hey guys! Posting my first thread here again after about 3 years.... damn.

Well, I think a few of you here play Payday, and those who do have probably seen the shitstorm that's going on right now. Apparently you can downgrade your Payday to the version before Crimefest, and it even works with multiplayer (according to the guy who made it). Everything is written in this thread.

Edit:
    Here's a subreddit for the downgraded version: https://www.reddit.com/r/paydayupdate78
    Here's a thread on Reddit which explains the download process: https://www.reddit.com/r/paydayupdate78/comments/3p5yjp/how_to_download_payday_2_update_78/ (Basically the thread I originally linked, but with less text)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Daikenki

Daikenki My shitposts have valet parking

Seen it? You can't walk 5 feet without getting caught in the middle of the shitstorm that is the current state of Payday 2. At this point I'm just hoping this is a stunt by Overkill.

3. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

Yeah, I do hope it's a joke as well. The things they've done seem too cringy and utterly ridiculous. But sadly, it probably isn't a joke, since people already are selling drills and safes on the market.

4. NombreGenerico89

NombreGenerico89 Still plays MvM

This is not a joke anymore. The new heist is literally an ad for the safes. I dont even.

Also Wolf is kill
    [​IMG]

5. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

Do you mean the trailer or the heist itself?

6. NombreGenerico89

The heist itself. From what I've read is a mix between Armored Transport and the Longfellow part of Meltdown.

The real kicker is that you have to move safes. Gee, I wonder wich safes got into Payday lately.

EDIT: Better picture of the "loot"

[​IMG]

7. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

God damnit. That just adds to the cringe list.
    Oh, and do you have any idea which hud that is?

8. NombreGenerico89

No idea, took this from the subreddit ( wich is something worth peeking on). I used to have PocoHUD, but then Crimefest happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Azureus

Azureus ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Staff Member

At least the heist features hobos in all their glory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. if you have payday 2 and overkill's shit's got you pissed off you really should write a review. Their garbage is prrrrreeeeetty anti-consumer

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daikenki

Must be a reference to Wolf's voice actor no longer doing voice lines for the game.

12. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

After seeing that also the creator for HoloHud (The HUD in the picture Nombre posted) discontinued the project, I'll probably write a negative review, this has gone too far.

13. Daikenki

Someone had mentioned in GeneralMcBadasses' latest video that this could all be a stunt by Overkill and that skins will all go away after Crimefest is over.

14. hoi

hoi Ramen Kider

I stopped playing after they added the slav

15. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

I've read that as well, but what about those who have already bought safes and drills? Considering people have done it, it's quite unlikely they'll remove the skins.

16. yeah, that ain't happening.

17. Count Latecat

Count Latecat The finncat Staff Member

WELCOME TO PAY 2 WIN DAY 2

2€ / WEAPONSKIN

calling it: all future DLCs will be skinpax. Upping the price of drills. Heists 10 bucks, once a year.

18. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

Maybe Payday even goes TF2 style and becomes F2P.

19. Azureus

Azureus ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Staff Member

At least they're promising to revise stuff after Crimefest has concluded.

20. NombreGenerico89

Not to sound negative, but we have to remember the whole Infamy 2.0 fiasco during the Hype Train last year. After Overkill stated that "it's more than boost and mask", when the update came it was just that, exp boosts and mask (patterns and materials too). The fans were pissed but not to this extent, as wich they released a statement saying that they'll look into that.

That was last year. It hasnt been adressed or changed since.

I recommend a thread on the steam forums that I just read recently http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/598199244886890714/ , holy cow, if I knew they were this shady I wouldnt support them with DLC dosh. Oh well, some of my money went to Simon and Ulf anyways before they left.

Also, extra AI code and a NECESSARY feature for Crime.net as rewards? What the fuck?