Invasion update

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Azureus, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Azureus

Azureus ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Staff Member

What did you guys think about the newest update that rolled out a while ago? Gamemodes, maps, cosmetics, everything.

I liked most of the new maps (especially Watergate because of the new gamemode), but I feel Byre was kinda meh. Map just feels sorta unfinished and naked.

One of the new cosmetics for Pyro, the Space Diver, finally let you complete the space loadout that the Bubble Pipe and Moonman Backpack always was meant to be. And the new taunt is pretty sweet.

2. Woozie

Woozie Immortal

I love this update. Halloween is my favorite time to play TF2, so the themed maps are awesome! And 2fort_invasion is surprisingly the map I like the most.
    I don't really care about the cosmetics, but they look good.

The only problem with this update is all the crashes and performance issues people are having.

3. Chrismas95

Chrismas95 Always watching Staff Member

Honestly, very boring and underwhelming. I didn't really care for the maps at all. The short was very pretty, but it doesn't quite explain the gamemode's beer objective. The ONE thing I really did like about it was the C.A.P.P.E.R. (alien pistol) for its creativity as a reskin. Unfortunately, I believe it's still $2,000 to buy one, so that's rather unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Storemz

Storemz Unremarkable member

It was a pretty boring update, I didn't find myself wanting to play it after the first night. Valve should just focus on match making and optimizing their game so it doesn't run like shit.

5. Chrismas95

Chrismas95 Always watching Staff Member

I mean, that's been the plan. Valve said Halloween this year is going to be lackluster because they're focusing on a big end-of-the-year update. This was just a community update that Valve okay'd and isn't even the Halloween update. I don't know, I agree that it was boring, but I hate to just write off the entire thing because people worked on it.